I think that the USA needs to move on from September 11th.
Now before all you pseudo-patriots come attempting to sway my opinion with your “unwavering loyalty to the country”, let me just take a minute to explain things. I am an American. I’m a female. And I was a young girl when the events took place.
The events are tragic. I’m not saying that they aren’t. But the US government and the media make it out to be some worldwide catastrophe that claimed the lives of millions of people around the world, when really, the event only killed about 2,600 people, which in the grand scheme of things for a large country like the United States isn’t a huge number.
Also, we’re Americans. Not only are we extremely self-absorbed with our ignorance, fueled by the liberally biased media, we’re hardly sympathetic for our victims. We forced unspeakable violence upon the natives when we came here, we killed almost 150,000 people in dropping the atomic bomb in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and we’ve pointlessly murdered innocent people in the Middle East.
I understand that a lot of people died, and I should be respecting them. But while we honor the dead, we can’t have these extravagant 2-hour TV specials reading the names of all these people who died 12 years after the disaster. You don’t see Japan having these insane specials reading off the names of people who died in their terrorist attacks. Yes, that qualifies as a terrorist attack.
I honestly don’t care anymore. Terrorist attacks happen all the time in other countries every day. Just because this one happened in America doesn’t make it any different. It was a terrible thing that happened, but it’s been 12 years. We killed Osama. Why we are still in Iraq, I will never know, but that’s a story for another time. The USA is comparable to a person who still clings to their ex-spouse or significant other years after they broke up.
We have to move on with our lives. Not forget about it completely, but just move on and keep in it the back of our thoughts.
Finally someone says it.
im Canadian and I even felt gulty saying it. but this post is true as fuck.
School is slowly, but surely approaching so I decided to do a huge Back to School Masterpost. You guys are not going back to school to get terrible grades, wear icky sweatpants, and get terrible stress. NO, I WILL NOT LET THAT HAPPEN. You will all succeed, look HELLA cute, and have ZERO STRESS. I hope you guys enjoy this school year. Good luck.
HOW TO SUCCEED BASICALLY:
- How to become a straight A student: get high scores and study less
- How to get a high GPA
- How to not ruin your high GPA
- How to improve in math
- How to improve your memory
- How to write a basic paragraph
- How to write an essay (Harvard style)
- How to write a comparative essay (University of Toronto style)
- How to study
- How to work smarter, not harder
- How to take effecient notes
- How to learn more and study less
- How to enhance your vocabulary
- How to stay focused
LOST IN CLASS? NEED HELP? WANT SOME SCHOOL HACKS?:
- Learn anything
- Math help
- More math help
- Math help for grades 7-10 (Ontario only)
- Math problem solver
- Anything you need calculated or need information on
- Algebra help
- Balance chemical equations
- Crash Course
- **How to multiply (Math trick)
- FREE bibliography generator
HELLA CUTE SUPPLIES:
- Lily Pulitzer Agendas
- Nylon Cordura School Bag
- Mean Girls pencils
- I love Science pencils
- Twin Peaks pencils (I REALLY NEED THESE IN MY LIFE)
- Create chaos pencils
- Stabilo pens (a must have this year)
- Ink joy pens
- Five Star composition books
SUPER CUTE OUTFITS TO INSPIRE YOU:
- radiohead, green jacket, white tee, and black jeans
- black muscle tank, grey jeans, big boots, green hat
- sweaters, ripped jeans, and some real nice sunnies
- high waisted jeans, my tank top, a sweater, and a beanie
- huf socks, red jacket, red shoes, and my mums jeans
- old shoes, basbeball tee, and some pre-ripped jeans
- black jeans, nyc, and my military parka
- big cardigan, white shirt, and my light wash jeans
YOUR MENTAL HEALTH IS IMPORTANT!!:
- How to reduce stress
- How to address stress
- Anxienty self-help
- Depression help guide
- Find a psychologist
- Find a therapist
- Relax and enjoy your life
- You are in control of your grades
- 10 minute guided meditation
- Yoga for beginners
- 7 steps to sleep better
- 3 hours of relaxing music
- What helps me sleep
- Shyness and social anxiety help
HEALTHY LUNCH IDEAS:
- Tofu avocado and veggie wrap with apples
- Rosemary-Chicken Panini w/ Spinach and Sun-dried tomatoes
- Pressed Cubano with Bacon
- Chicken Caeser Wraps
- How to pack your lunch
- Creamy BBQ Chicken Wrap
- Grilled Chicken Veggie Bowl
- Turkey and Cheese Panini
- Tomato, Arugula, and Pancetta Sandwiches
- Asian Green Bean Salad
PLAYLISTS TO LISTEN TO WHILE YOU STUDY:
MOVIES TO WATCH BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS:
- Grease (1978)
- Sixteen Candles (1984)
- The Breakfast Club (1985)
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986)
- Heathers (1988)
- Say Anything (1989)
- The Virgin Suicides (1999)
- Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (2004)
- Napoleon Dynamite (2004)
- Mean Girls (2004)
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)
Well guys that concludes my masterpost. I hope this helps you guys! If you have any questions or if any links aren’t working message me and I’ll fix it right away.
Tagged by natalunasans
1. I have only been watching Doctor Who for the past 2 years, and I have already seen some episode(s) with all the Doctors
2. My entire elementary-high school was taught online, so if I don’t know what a popular recess game is (never played dodgeball until I was 14), that is the reason
3. I am a 3rd degree black belt in ATA Taekwondo
4. I completed Calculus I-III, Physics I-II, and most of my non-Engineering electives before I came to college because my school had a program with local universities so that I could take college credit early.
5. While I write with my right hand, I do most other stuff left-handed or ambidextrously (with either hand equally well)
6. At some point in my life, I was allergic to almost anything, including almost every tree in the Eastern US, animal dander, and wheat bread. Most have been outgrown, though.Tagging cephalopodvictorious, korasami, dragonsdawn, zagreus-taking-time-apart, fantastic-nonsense, fairyraptor, and supersailorsenshi
A masterpost on things that you could use to do better in school, and maybe to cheat just a little bit.
Didn’t Listen In Class?
Calculators & Solvers
- Square Root Calculator
- Cube Root Calculator
- Expression Simplifier
- Multi Step Equation Calculator
- Slope Intercept Equation Maker
- Mathway (this can solve almost anything)
- Chemical Equation Balancer
- DESMOS Graphing Calculator
Didn’t Read That Book?
Arts Department (Art, Choir, Band) P.S I take art so I’ll have the most resources for that
- Instrument Tuner
- How To Read A Painting
- Mark Crilley Art Tutorials (mostly manga but with some realism)
- Sophie Chan (mostly manga)
- Oil Painting Techniques
General Tips and Tricks
- Change the time in an email (gmail), for due dates and all
- Block Websites for a specific amount of time
- Note-Taking Techniques
That’s all. It’s not a lot but I guess it will help. This is my first masterpost and I hope you like it. If any of the links don’t work, just message me.